Thank you for your desire to join us as we explore the gospel of Matthew.
As with all Come before Winter events, we will immerse ourselves in the spiritual disciplines of Bible study, prayer, worship, and reflection. We will focus on:
Jesus, the King and Lord
who has broken into human history,
announcing his Kingdom,
and commissioning his followers to prepare
themselves and the world he loves
for his eventual return.
For believers Matthew offers a communal picture of what it means to be the true Israel, righteous from the inside out and living into God’s purpose and mission.
Team members and participants will join Covenant Groups. Members of these groups will pray for one another and examine together what God has in mind for each of us, for the good of all of us. We will explore our personal and communal missions in the various contexts in which we serve, both ministerial and relational, both now and in the future.
Please note: This study requires participants to complete more advance preparation than previous studies—in terms of registration, prayer, readings, and responses.
The first piece of preparation begins now. In order to better divide our Covenant Groups, we ask that each participant supply us with a four-letter formula identifying your personality type as assessed by a Myers-Briggs examination. If you know these letters, simply enter them at the appropriate place during registration. If you do not know these letters, please go online prior to registration and take a personality analysis test. One such test that is easy to take and free is the Jung Typology Test. It takes about 10 minutes. Click here to go to the test. The team will, of course, provide you with the same information about us. (e.g. Karen Alexander: INFJ; Jeanene Reese: ENFJ.) Learn more about personality types in general here.
• Expect to hear from your Covenant Group leaders a few weeks before the renewal with other specific assignments. Until then, read Matthew.
We want all potential participants to know about this preparation before applying so there will be no surprises when we arrive at the renewal.
Thus in the spirit of the gospel of Matthew, we invite you to come. All things are ready. Will you come to the feast?
Renewal Information & Requirements – Please read carefully!
PARTICIPANT PROFILE: Each Come before Winter English renewal is designed for women in ministry who speak English well enough to grasp the lessons with minimal help. We define a “woman in ministry” as a female minister or missionary, a woman who oversees a ministry, either in her church or in the non-profit world of ministry, a woman who partners in ministry or church leadership with her husband (e.g., a minister’s or elder’s wife), or any woman who accepts the responsibility of mentoring others day in, day out and whose dedication to ministry consumes a major portion of her time and effort. THIS RENEWAL IS GEARED TOWARD RENEWING SERVANT LEADERS, MENTORS AND MINISTERS who by the nature of their daily service may become susceptible to fatigue, discouragement, even burnout.
- Participants must arrange their own transportation to the site of the renewal. Once you check in, lodging and meals will be provided free of charge. You will need to bring spending money for additional expenses such as snacks, shopping, or special offerings at the retreat center.
- The renewal and all accommodations are at Rolling Ridge Retreat and Conference Center (about an hour north of Boston) (http://www.rollingridge.org). We will provide double occupancy rooms. Bring comfortable clothing, a notepad, and your Bible. Other materials will be provided.
- To respond, fill out and submit the application form which follows this information on the next page. Spaces are limited to 42 participants, and you will be advised when your application has been reviewed and accepted. Direct any additional questions to our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan to arrive at Rolling Ridge after lunch on Monday, June 12, 2017. Registration will begin at 2:30 p.m. Come before Winter will pay for lodging Monday through Thursday nights. All participants will check out on Friday, June 16, 2017, the last meal being lunch on Friday, June 16, 2017.
- Participants should be present when the renewal begins at 2:30 p.m. on, Monday, June 12, and should remain for the entire event. We do not accept registrations from those unable to commit to the entire program. All sessions, including the first and final events of the renewal, are significant to the program. We cannot begin until everyone is present, so we thank you in advance for making the appropriate travel arrangements to ensure your full participation.
Come before Winter's Unity Covenant
In a spirit of common faith and unity in One Lord, we ask each participant to join us in a common commitment that has become a fundamental aspect of a Come before Winter experience:
We come together recognizing our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. During the days of the renewal, we will set aside all differences and controversial topics, focusing only on what the apostle Paul termed "of first importance" in 1 Corinthians 15.3f: "We believe first and foremost that Jesus Christ lived, died and was buried, that he was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve and more than five hundred others, thus uniting those who believe in him.”
By applying for participation in this event, you agree to honor this covenant. Let us focus our attention on Jesus and his sacrifice as together we attempt to comprehend the meaning of that sacrifice for all of us who believe.
RENEWAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for taking the time to complete the registration application on the next page. Your Come before Winter team will review and discuss each applicant’s registration in order to prepare for our time together. We will be praying for you specifically from the time you register until the event itself. Your team will complete the same form prior to the renewal so that you also will have the same opportunity to know about and pray for us.
About submitting your application:
If you have any difficulty accessing the online application, email us at email@example.com. In your subject line, please use these words: “Difficulty with Application.”
NOTE: The application is lengthy and will take at least 45 minutes to complete. If you find that you cannot complete it in a single sitting, our website offers a feature that will save your application form and allow you to complete it later. At any time you may scroll down to the bottom of the form and click the button that says, Save and Continue (located next to the “Submit” button.) After clicking on this button, you will see a link to your unfinished application form. You will have the additional option of providing your email address so that the link can be sent to you. Use the link to complete your registration at any time (it will be saved for up to 30 days). Please note that the registrar will not receive any part of your form until you complete it and hit the “Submit” button. Contact the registrar with any questions about this process.
[NOTE: if you experience an error when attempting to submit the form, be sure to SAVE your application by clicking the red button marked with the hand icon that is found throughout the application. Then send the saved link of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org]
1. Complete the application on the following page. Answers need not be lengthy, but please be specific. We require the completion of all fields before we can consider your application. All information will remain confidential among the Come before Winter team. We realize that this is a long application. However, we use all of this information to prepare a renewal that will meet the needs of the women attending.
2. Click “Submit” when you have completed all of the questions.
A confirmation code will appear. This is your indication that we have received your application.
If you do not receive this code, please scroll down and check for highlighted errors. In addition to the confirmation code which appears here, you will also receive a confirmation e-mail.
You will be notified when your application has been reviewed and accepted.
Please direct all additional questions to email@example.com.
To continue to the application form, click the Next Step button below: