** To view the list of applications already submitted and under review
Come Before Winter Renewal Application
What: Renewal for Women in Ministry
Where: Clear Mountain Lodge (near Brisbane, Australia)
When: Feb. 29-Mar. 4, 2016
Registration Deadline: Nov. 15, 2015
Renewal Information & Requirements – Please read carefully!
A Come before Winter Renewal is for any English-speaking (fluent enough to grasp the lessons with minimal help) female missionary, missionary’s wife, minister’s wife, church leader’s wife, or any woman who day-in-day-out accepts the responsibility of mentoring others in the church.
- Participants must arrange their own transportation to the site of the renewal. Once you check in, lodging and meals will be provided free of charge. You will need to bring spending money for additional expenses such as snacks, shopping, or special offerings at the resort.
- The renewal and all accommodations are at Clear Mountain Lodge (near Brisbane, Australia) (http://www.clearmountainlodge.com.au). We will provide double-occupancy rooms. Bring comfortable clothing, a notepad, and your Bible. Other materials will be provided.
- To respond, fill out and submit the application form which follows this information. Space is limited to 42 participants, and you will be advised when your application has been reviewed and accepted. Direct any additional questions to our registrar at email@example.com.
- Plan to arrive at Clear Mountain Lodge after lunch on Monday, Feb. 29, 2016. Registration will begin at 2:30 p.m. Come before Winter will pay for lodging Monday through Thursday nights. All participants will check out on Friday, March 4, 2016, the last meal being lunch on Friday, March 4, 2016.
- Participants should be present when the renewal begins at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 29, and should remain for the entire event, until 1:30 p.m. on Friday, Mar. 4. We do not accept registrations from those unable to commit to the entire program. All sessions, including the first and final events of the renewal, are significant to the program. We cannot begin until everyone is present, so we thank you in advance for making the appropriate travel arrangements to ensure your full participation.
Important note about allocation of spaces and waiting list for this renewal:
This renewal has been planned to serve women ministers working in the South Pacific region. Invitations are being issued to women in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and Papua New Guinea, as well as a few other sites in the general region. These invitations include women who have attended a South Pacific renewal in the past, as well as those who fit our Participant Profile (see profile on next page) and have been recommended by past participants and other friends of CbW. Because our maximum attendance will be 42, we plan to protect space for women who best fit our profile from each of these countries until October 15, 2015. Once the protected spaces for a particular country have been filled, additional registrations from that country will be placed on a waiting list. After October 15, we will begin evaluating applications on our waiting list along with any applications we continue to receive, until the close of registration. The date of submission of each application will be considered. All applications will be evaluated based on “fit” with our participant profile, need, and our commitment to balancing our service to the various regions. Registration will close November 15 or as soon as all 42 spaces are filled. Please register early for best opportunity to attend.
Because spaces are limited, we must maintain a strict cancellation policy. When you return this survey, you are indicating your understanding that by canceling this reservation after January 18, 2016, you will be billed for expenses incurred on your behalf by Come before Winter. This will be at least $750.00, depending on the date of your cancellation, as Clear Mountain Lodge does not allow cancellations to our contract after that date.