Thank you for your desire to join us as we explore the gospel of Luke during this Come before Winter renewal. During the week, we will immerse ourselves in the spiritual disciplines of Bible study, prayer, worship, and reflection. We will focus especially on the vision of the gospel expressed in Mary’s song in Luke 1:
God, the Mighty One, the Savior, shows his strength by
scattering the proud,
dethroning the powerful,
lifting up the lowly,
filling the hungry,
and sending the rich away empty.
The retreat schedule includes a regular rhythm of communal worship, instruction, personal study, and group reflection. The reflection groups will be a place for prayer and sharing as we will explore our personal and communal missions in the various contexts in which we serve, both ministerial and relational, both now and in the future.
Please note: This study requires participants to prepare for the renewal before arriving in Thailand. The preparation includes registration, prayer, and reading.
- In order to wisely divide our reflection groups, we ask that each participant supply us with a four-letter formula identifying his personality type as assessed by a Myers-Briggs examination. If you know these letters, simply enter them at the appropriate place during registration. If you do not know these letters, please go online prior to registration and take a personality analysis test. One such test that is easy to take and free is the Jung Typology Test. It takes about 10 minutes. Click here to go to the test. The team will, of course, provide you with the same information about us. (e.g. Shane Alexander: INFP; Cliff Barbarick: INTJ.) Learn more about personality types in general here.
- Please pray for the renewal in the coming months. Pray that God meets you there to restore your spirit and reenergize your ministry. Pray also for the other participants who will join you at the renewal. Pray for the leadership team as they plan and prepare for the renewal.
- Maybe most importantly, read Luke. We all need to spend regular time with the gospel as we prepare to explore it together.
Thus in the spirit of the gospel of Luke, we invite you to experience the great reversal that God brings through His son. Come and rejoice that the lowly are exalted and the powerful dethroned.
RENEWAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for taking the time to complete the registration application below. Your Come before Winter team will review and discuss each applicant’s registration in order to prepare for our time together. We will be praying for you specifically from the time you register until the event itself. Your team will complete the same form prior to the renewal so that you also will have the same opportunity to know about and pray for us.
About submitting your application:
If you have any difficulty accessing the online application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your subject line, please use these words: “Difficulty with Application.”
1. Complete the application below. Answers need not be lengthy, but please be specific. We require the completion of all fields before we can consider your application. All information will remain confidential among the Come before Winter team. We realize that this is a long application. However, we use all of this information to prepare a renewal that will meet the needs of the ministers attending.
2. Click “Submit” when you have completed all of the questions.
A confirmation code will appear. This is your indication that we have received your application.
If you do not receive this code, please scroll down and check for highlighted errors. In addition to the confirmation code which appears here, you will also receive a confirmation e-mail.
You will be notified when your application has been reviewed and accepted.
Please direct all additional questions regarding the application process to the men’s renewal registrar at email@example.com.