To view the list of applications already submitted and under review, click here.
Come Before Winter Renewal Application
What: Renewal for Women in Ministry
Where: Hotel Borviha (near Novosibirsk, Russia)
When: July 25-29, 2016
Registration Deadline: May 15, 2016
Renewal Information & Requirements – Please read carefully!
A Come before Winter renewal is for any English-speaking (fluent enough to grasp the lessons with minimal help) female missionary, missionary’s wife, minister’s wife, church leader’s wife, or any woman who day-in-day-out accepts the responsibility of mentoring others in the church.
- Participants must arrange their own transportation to the site of the renewal. Once you check in, lodging and meals will be provided free of charge. You will need to bring spending money for additional expenses such as snacks, shopping, or special offerings at the resort.
- The renewal and all accommodations are at Hotel Borviha near Novosibirsk, Russia (http://hotelborviha.ru). We will provide double-occupancy rooms. Bring comfortable clothing, a notepad, and your Bible. Other materials will be provided.
- To respond, fill out and submit the application form which follows this information. Space is limited to 42 participants, and you will be advised when your application has been reviewed and accepted. Direct any additional questions to our registrar at email@example.com.
- Plan to arrive at Hotel Borviha after lunch on Monday, July 25, 2016. Registration will begin at 2:30 p.m. Come before Winter will pay for lodging Monday through Thursday nights. All participants will check out on Friday, July 29, 2016, the last meal being lunch on Friday, July 29, 2016.
- Participants should be present when the renewal begins at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, July 25, and should remain for the entire event, until 1:30 p.m. on Friday, July 29. We do not accept registrations from those unable to commit to the entire program. All sessions, including the first and final events of the renewal, are significant to the program. We cannot begin until everyone is present, so we thank you in advance for making the appropriate travel arrangements to ensure your full participation.
Come before Winter’s unity covenant
In a spirit of common faith and unity in One Lord, we ask each participant to join us in a common commitment that has become a fundamental aspect of a Come before Winter experience:
We come together recognizing our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. During the days of the renewal, we will set aside all differences and controversial topics, focusing only on what the apostle Paul termed “of first importance” in 1 Corinthians 15.3f: We believe first and foremost that Jesus Christ lived, died and was buried, that He was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve and more than five hundred others, thus uniting those who believe in Him.
By applying for this event, you agree to honor this covenant. Let us focus our attention on Jesus and His sacrifice as together we attempt to comprehend the meaning of that sacrifice for all of us who believe.
Important note about allocation of spaces and waiting list for this renewal:
This renewal has been planned to serve women ministers working in the Russian and Eastern Bloc region. Invitations are being issued to women in Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan, as well as a few other sites in the general region. These invitations include women who have attended a Russian/Eastern Bloc renewal in the past, as well as those who fit our Participant Profile (see profile on next page) and have been recommended by past participants and other friends of CbW. Because our maximum attendance will be 42, we plan to protect space for women who best fit our profile from each of these countries until March 30, 2016. Once the protected spaces for a particular country have been filled, additional registrations from that country will be placed on a waiting list. After March 30, we will begin evaluating applications on our waiting list along with any applications we continue to receive, until the close of registration. The date of submission of each application will be considered. All applications will be evaluated based on “fit” with our participant profile, need, and our commitment to balancing our service to the various regions. Registration will close April 30 or as soon as all 42 spaces are filled. Please register early for best opportunity to attend.
Because spaces are limited, we must maintain a strict cancellation policy. When you return this survey, you are indicating your understanding that by canceling this reservation after June 1, 2016, you will be billed for expenses incurred on your behalf by Come before Winter. This will be at least $750.00, depending on the date of your cancellation, as Hotel Borviha does not allow cancellations to our contract after that date.