Come before Winter Austria 2017
What: Renewal for Men in Ministry
Where: Hotel Alpenkrone (Filzmoos, Austria)
When: May 22-26, 2017
Registration Deadline: March 1, 2017
Thank you for your desire to join us as we explore the gospel of Luke during this Come before Winter renewal. During the week, we will immerse ourselves in the spiritual disciplines of Bible study, prayer, worship, and reflection. We will focus especially on the vision of the gospel expressed in Mary’s song in Luke 1:
God, the Mighty One, the Savior, shows his strength by
scattering the proud,
dethroning the powerful,
lifting up the lowly,
filling the hungry,
and sending the rich away empty.
The retreat schedule includes a regular rhythm of communal worship, instruction, personal study, and group reflection. The reflection groups will be a place for prayer and sharing as we will explore our personal and communal missions in the various contexts in which we serve, both ministerial and relational, both now and in the future.
Please note: This study requires participants to prepare for the renewal before arriving in Austria. The preparation includes registration, prayer, and reading.
- In order to wisely divide our reflection groups, we ask that each participant supply us with a four-letter formula identifying his personality type as assessed by a Myers-Briggs examination. If you know these letters, simply enter them at the appropriate place during registration. If you do not know these letters, please go online prior to registration and take a personality analysis test. One such test that is easy to take and free is the Jung Typology Test. It takes about 10 minutes. Click here to go to the test. The team will, of course, provide you with the same information about us. (e.g. Shane Alexander: INFP; Cliff Barbarick: INTJ.) Learn more about personality types in general here.
- Please pray for the renewal in the coming months. Pray that God meets you there to restore your spirit and reenergize your ministry. Pray also for the other participants who will join you at the renewal. Pray for the leadership team as they plan and prepare for the renewal.
- Maybe most importantly, read Luke. We all need to spend regular time with the gospel as we prepare to explore it together.
Thus in the spirit of the gospel of Luke, we invite you to experience the great reversal that God brings through His son. Come and rejoice that the lowly are exalted and the powerful dethroned.
Renewal Information & Requirements – Please read carefully!
PARTICIPANT PROFILE: A Come before Winter Renewal is for any English-speaking (fluent enough to grasp the lessons with minimal help) missionary, minister, church leader, or other man who day-in-day-out accepts the responsibility of mentoring others in the church.
- Participants must arrange their own transportation to the site of the renewal. Once you check in, lodging and meals will be provided free of charge. You will need to bring spending money for additional expenses such as snacks, shopping, or special offerings at the retreat center.
- The renewal and all accommodations are at the Hotel Alpenkrone in Filzmoos, Austria. We will provide double occupancy rooms. Bring comfortable clothing, a notepad, and your Bible. Other materials will be provided.
- To respond, fill out and submit the application form which follows this information on the next page. Spaces are limited to 46 participants, and you will be advised when your application has been reviewed and accepted. Direct any additional questions to our registrar at email@example.com.
- Plan to arrive at the Hotel Alpenkrone after lunch on Monday, May 22, 2017. Registration will begin at 2:30 p.m. Come before Winter will pay for lodging Monday through Thursday nights. All participants will check out after lunch on Friday, May 26, 2017.
- Participants must be present when the renewal begins at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, May 22, and must remain for the entire event, until 1:30 p.m. on Friday, May 26. We do not accept registrations from those unable to commit to the entire program. All sessions, including the first and final events of the renewal, are significant to the program. We cannot begin until everyone is present, so we thank you in advance for making the appropriate travel arrangements to ensure your full participation.
Come before Winter’s unity covenant
In a spirit of common faith and unity in One Lord, we ask each participant to join us in a common commitment that has become a fundamental aspect of a Come before Winter experience:
We come together recognizing our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. During the days of the renewal, we will set aside all differences and controversial topics, focusing only on what the apostle Paul termed “of first importance” in 1 Corinthians 15.3f: We believe first and foremost that Jesus Christ lived, died and was buried, that He was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve and more than five hundred others, thus uniting those who believe in Him.
By applying for this event, you agree to honor this covenant. Let us focus our attention on Jesus and His sacrifice as together we attempt to comprehend the meaning of that sacrifice for all of us who believe.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Because spaces are limited, we must maintain a strict cancellation policy. When you submit an application, you indicate your understanding that by canceling this reservation after March 30, 2017, you will be billed for expenses incurred on your behalf by Come before Winter. This will be at least $750.00, depending on the date of your cancellation, as the Hotel Alpenkrone does not allow cancellations to our contract after that date.
RENEWAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for taking the time to complete the registration application on the next page. Your Come before Winter team will review and discuss each applicant’s registration in order to prepare for our time together. We will be praying for you specifically from the time you register until the event itself. Your team will complete the same form prior to the renewal so that you also will have the same opportunity to know about and pray for us.
About submitting your application:
If you have any difficulty accessing the online application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your subject line, please use these words: “Difficulty with Application.”
1. Complete the application on the following page. Answers need not be lengthy, but please be specific. We require the completion of all fields before we can consider your application. All information will remain confidential among the Come before Winter team. We realize that this is a long application. However, we use all of this information to prepare a renewal that will meet the needs of the ministers attending.
2. Click “Submit” when you have completed all of the questions.
A confirmation code will appear. This is your indication that we have received your application.
If you do not receive this code, please scroll down and check for highlighted errors. In addition to the confirmation code which appears here, you will also receive a confirmation e-mail.
You will be notified when your application has been reviewed and accepted.
Please direct all additional questions regarding the application process to the men’s renewal registrar at email@example.com.
To continue to the application form, click the Next Step button below: