Our mission: By the power of God and for God’s glory, Come before Winter exists to renew, equip, honor and unite men and women in ministry around the world.
Our philosophy: Provide men and women in ministry with a gift of time in which they can dedicate themselves exclusively to hearing the voice of God, and He will renew them—mind, body, and soul.
- To accentuate the spiritual disciplines of study, prayer, praise and reflection and to highlight the significance of these practices for spiritual formation.
- To provide a relaxed and reflective rhythm to each day.
- To open and close each day in communal worship.
- To emphasize regular study and the responsible evaluation of the biblical text.
- More relaxed, less academic
- More reflective and experiential
- To provide multiple opportunities during each day for personal prayer, communal prayer, small group prayer, and one-on-one prayer.
- To walk alongside our participants as they seek to hear and to respond to a personal Word from God in practical and specific ways.
- To rejoice in our fellowship as believers and to celebrate God’s faithfulness to renew and mature those who seek Him.
I have really learned to trust what God is telling me, and I learned how to really absorb his Word ... This definitely will change how I relate to those I minister to. The freedom I experienced will translate into a new confidence I lacked in my ministry.